Henry Schmieder Arboretum
Just west of Doylestown, the Arboretum encompasses 40 acres of our main campus. The Learning Gardens date back to the founding of the College in 1896. The Arboretum compliments the mission of the University providing a living collection of plants which reflects our faculty’s teaching requirements and serves as a “green resource” for the surrounding community.
After over a year of research, visioning and discussion, the arboretum is entering an exciting period of transformation, repurposing and rebirth. A new dedication to education and learning will guide our efforts as the Henry Schmieder Arboretum evolves into The Learning Gardens.
Learn more about the Arboretum
The "Gemmill Campus" formerly known as "Five Spruce Farm", comprised of 398 acres, located in Warwick Township, was gifted to Delaware Valley University by the "Warwick Foundation" in November of 2010. There are 150 tillable acres, currently used for field crop production. Various departments utilize the land for laboratory purposes. The livestock departments use the pastures for summer grazing. The six acre orchard supplies fruit for the farm market and the main campus food service. The main house is used for meetings and retreats.
The Roth Center for Sustainable Agriculture serves as the living laboratory space for Delaware Valley University’s new major in Sustainable Agriculture. As such, it will demonstrate a production system built on three principles:
- Long-term profitability
- Good stewardship of environmental resources
- High quality of life for the farmer and community.