It is important to note that in order to attend Commencement, you must apply for graduation.
What is the schedule for Commencement?
- Commencement is held Saturday morning on the Quad in front of Lasker Hall.
- A complimentary continental breakfast will be served in the Student Center courtyard, for graduates and their guests, from 7:30 through 9:30 a.m. In case of rain, it will be held inside the Levin Dining Hall.
- A Baccalaureate Service will be held from 9 to 9:45 a.m. in Block Chapel.
- Commencement ceremonies begin promptly at 10:30 a.m.
- Light refreshments will be available in the Moumgis Auditorium, for graduates and their guests, immediately following the ceremony.
How do I get the official photograph of my student receiving his or her diploma?
GradImages is the official photographer for commencement. Proofs will be available after the ceremony. You can view them online at GradImages website. Pictures may be ordered online, by phone or mail, by contacting GradImages customer services at 800.261.2576 or email@example.com.
Where are the Quad, Lasker Hall, Work Hall, Centennial Hall, the Moumgis Auditorium, and Block Chapel located?
The location of university buildings and facilities can be viewed by viewing the campus map.
How long does the Commencement ceremony last?
The length of the ceremony is approximately 90 minutes.
Do I need tickets for Commencement?
No, tickets are not required.
Where do I find a Commencement program?
Programs will be distributed to guests by the ushers prior to the Commencement exercises.
What happens in the event of inclement weather?
Commencement will be held under a tent on the Quad, rain or shine. Please plan accordingly by wearing the proper attire. Visit the Inclement Weather page for detailed information.
What is the appropriate dress for the weekend’s events?
Family members and guests are encouraged to dress comfortably, taking weather conditions into account.
Where do I park?
Parking is available in all campus parking lots. Shuttle busses will be available in parking lot A, C and D beginning at 8:30 a.m. See the campus map for lots.
Where are the shuttle bus pick-up and drop-off locations?
Shuttle buses will be picking up and dropping off passengers at the following 4 locations designated as “Shuttle Stops”. See this map for details.
1 - A Lot – the intersection of Alumni Lane and Campus Loop Road
2 - Between Lasker Hall and Mandell Science Building
3 - Alumni Lane at Segal Hall
4 - D Lot – the equipment shed on Campus Loop Road
Do you offer handicapped parking/seating?
The admission lot will be reserved for handicapped parking; shuttle busses will be available at designated locations on campus (lots A, C and D); ADA seating will be available - ushers will be available to assist with seating.
What if I am hearing impaired?
Closed captioning will be available.
Will I be able to take pictures during the ceremony?
Photography is allowed during the Commencement events; however, we discourage guests from disrupting the ceremony or blocking the views of other guests. Professional photographers will be taking photos of the graduates during the ceremony.
Where can I find help the day of Commencement?
Public safety officers, ushers and volunteers will be available on campus to assist guests and answer questions.
How do I receive my diploma?
Diplomas will be mailed to the address provided on your graduation application. In order to receive your diploma, you must have fulfilled all financial obligations and academic requirements.
What if I have additional questions?
- Undergraduate, full-time day students: Office of Student Affairs, 215.489.2215 or Office of Academic Affairs, 215.489.2910
- Continuing Education undergraduate students: Office of Continuing and Professional Studies, 215.489.2375 or 215.489.4848
- Graduate students: Office of Graduate Education, 215.489.2955