Segal Hall
 
 
  In 1906 Adolph Segal of Philadelphia, PA, donated funds to build a dormitory that also contained a study hall, a recreation room and a library. The large 25 x 30 foot recreation room occupied most of the first floor. Second floor dormitory space was arranged in cubicles, each with a window. In the basement was a power plant that supplied the building with steam heat and electric power. A laundry was installed in a wing of the building. In 1946 a dairy laboratory and a soils and geology laboratory were established in the basement. The second floor was then converted from a dormitory to a biological laboratory. The office of the Professor of Biology was at the north end of the second floor, and the office of the Professor of Soils at the south end. Today Segal Hall houses the college’s Academic Services.