Pioneer Hall
 
 
  Dr. Krauskopf personally raised $10,000 for Main Building, also called Pioneer Hall, the first building constructed on the farm he had purchased for a school. The building contained classrooms, library, dining hall, kitchen, laundry, gymnasium, dormitory rooms, office and quarters for the Dean. It stood on the site of today’s library, facing the railroad tracks. The first students came to Pioneer Hall in 1897. Fire destroyed the building in 1923.